Monday, January 20, 2014

Cycle #5, Month 7

My blood test (or Betas) came back negative at 1.2. My cycle started 3 days later than normal which of course was torture. The whole last cycle on medication was torture. I thought about doing a second medicated cycle but I just couldn't bring myself to voluntarily put myself and family through that again. 

With the move coming up quickly and needing to get so much done and ready for the children and animals before we go, I just can't let trying to conceive dominate my thoughts and cripple my motivation. So there might not be many updates between now and when we get to Hawaii. We won't be trying as actively as we have been in the past but we also won't be preventing. This has been a very rough road for me and I think having something else to focus on will do good things for us. I was in such a better place when Jay was away for school so I think the move might be a similar type of break for me. 

It is hard to deal with a failed cycle, let alone a failed medicated-paid-for-IUI cycle. Hopefully the stress diverted towards the move will be just what my body needs to let things happen. I've heard on many occasions to just stop stressing it and it'll happen but that's so incredibly hard when I know so much about all the complications that can happen to block our efforts especially with having the reversal thrown in there.

If there is one piece of advice and wisdom I've gained out of all of this, it's don't ever have surgery to prevent pregnancy. No vasectomy, no tubes tied because you never know what the future holds. Use temporary prevention if you have to but just don't make any permenant surgical decisions that you might (and probably will) regret later. 

Until next time, 
Traci

1 comment:

  1. You've been in my thoughts this week. Thanks for sharing the update.
    And if the move and other things in life can be a distraction from this difficult time... sounds like that'll be a good part of life. I wish you happy family times through all the moving (and non preventing) times. And may the wow of moving to Hawaii be a pleasant distraction for all! (despite the work...)

    And i think your conclusion is pretty wise...

    ReplyDelete